The Epilepsy Florida Comprehensive Epilepsy Clinics and network of independent neurologists across the state provide a consistent program of epilepsy medical management for children and adults consisting of the following:
- Screening for eligibility for medical services;
- Initial neurological evaluation;
- Ongoing medical follow ups as medically necessary;
- Blood monitoring of body functions and levels of anticonvulsant drugs;
- Electrodiagnosis (baseline electroencephalogram -EEG);
- Other diagnostics procedures: MRI, CT Scan, DEXA Scan and others as medically indicated;
- Epilepsy Guidance and Education;
- Assistance with obtaining medication through various sources: DOH Pharmacy, PAP, EF Prescription Discount Card, independent pharmaceutical providers offering medication at special discounted rate for EF clients, on-line and local retail pharmacies offering specially discounted prescription plans;
- Miscellaneous medical services such as completing medical forms for non-medical benefits (drivers’ license application, SSA forms, etc.); and
- Referrals to other medical facilities for services not available at EF or non-epilepsy related medical needs.
The medical program is intended to work with uninsured clients and is a program for clients with no other recourse for neurological care. The client’s ability to pay a minimal fee for medical services that is a share of cost percentage fee is assessed during the intake process and subsequently at the yearly recertification period for each individual. Household income will be verified and compared with a sliding fee scale to determine financial responsibility.
For more information, or to enroll in the Medical Services program call toll-free 1-877-553-7453 or email us here.