Experienced and motivated manager to join nonprofit team. Responsible to recommend, define and implement a social media strategy and maintain branding across all social media channels and website management
- Database management
- Proactively manage content creation and take ownership for quality and precision
- Design, execute and manage social media content for a variety of organization communications, including, but not limited to, webinars, presentations, news stories, and web content
- Report performance for all social media/marketing channels
- Duties include Special Event support to Vice President of Development for all creative content, invitations and ordering materials. The position will also serve as a liaison to an outside Public Relations firm.
- All other responsibilities/ad hoc projects as directed by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 years’ experience in digital marketing and communications, with an emphasis on social media channels.
- Creative thinker who is able to create compelling digital content; graphic design skills are preferred.
- The Blackbaud database suite including Raiser’s Edge and TeamRaiser experience preferred.
- Ability to explain social media statistics to a non-analytical audience.
- Experience working in a time sensitive environment.
- Superior proofreading and copy-editing skills. Exceptional communication, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for high quality work.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- 80% paid for health premiums for you
- Education reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Generous holiday and PTO
- Salary commensurate with experience. Please send email and include salary range desired.
Office location Broward or Miami.
Individual Giving Officer
Epilepsy Florida (EFL) seeks an Individual Giving Officer with 3-5 years of fundraising experience to work on a dynamic fundraising team. The Individual Giving Officer is a self-motivated, confident and experienced fundraiser with a demonstrated success identifying soliciting, cultivating, and closing individual gifts as well as a proven track record stewarding existing donors. The Individual Giving officer will be responsible for building relationships to manage a portfolio of engaged and inspired EFL donors. This role will be critical to developing a portfolio that will contribute to our long-term growth strategy. Annual fund experience required and a strong commitment to the mission of EFL is essential.</bold
Manage a portfolio of major gift and mid-level donors. Engage key long-term, new, and prospective donors to generate a substantial portion of the department’s annual revenue goal of $5M+.
Develop the cultivation, appeal, and stewardship strategy for mid-level donors in partnership with the Vice President of Business Development.
Create, execute and track strategy for all donors in assigned donor portfolio. Translate short and long-term strategies into targeted goals and actions to drive donor satisfaction and result in year over year renewals.
With the Development team, develop a diverse, year-round schedule of events for new donor cultivation and existing supporter stewardship
Report to the Vice President of Business Development and collaborate closely with other members of the Administrative team and throughout the organization to ensure we are utilizing EFL resources as effectively as possible to cultivate, steward and solicit support
Become a EFL “expert” and excel in telling our story. Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc. Work closely with various parts of the organization to organize site visits and bring our work to life for donors and prospective supporters.
Related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Five years of front line fundraising experience in a fast-paced nonprofit fundraising environment.
· Three years of personally soliciting individual gifts, consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets
· Experience working in a major gift environment that frequently utilizes special events is a plus.
· Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to successfully develop strong relationships with donors with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
· Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and independently
· The ideal candidate is able to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
· Must be comfortable and able to work effectively with numbers, budgets, and data
· Strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term
· The ideal individual adapts to changes in a fast-paced work environment and deals easily with unexpected events
· Available evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed
· Sense of humor and curiosity to learn
· Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office proficiency
At Epilepsy Florida, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. EFL is an equal employment opportunity employer.
POSITION SCOPE: The CRS will be working with stakeholders, community based organizations, faith based groups, school personal, healthcare professionals and service providers as well as employers and potential sponsors. He/she will be an integral part of a statewide team. He/she will be responsible for doing outreach, in-person trainings and awareness activities. He/she will also be recruiting volunteers, potential community partners and donors. Salary commensurate with experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: He/she must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree. Experience in community education, health education, public speaking and/or advocacy is a plus. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to work independently and be available for some nights and weekends.
Epilepsy Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the work place. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or Immediate Supervisor. Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Epilepsy Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act and the board approved policies. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans’ Preference, please attach your supporting documentation (e.g.: DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to EF at 305-670-0904.